ISO 18587:2017 provides requirements for the process of full, human post-editing of machine translation output and post-editors’ competences.
ISO 18587:2017 is intended to be used by TSPs, their clients, and post-editors.
Benefits to you:
- Ability to prove the company’s capability to provide a quality service through a fully traceable system, ensuring case files are fully backed up and retrievable and that important work is not lost.
- Increase client base by being able to tender for contracts that require a recognized management system.
- Ensures that client cases are managed, coordinated and scrutinized for accuracy by a qualified case manager, and suitably reviewed by a qualified colleague prior to finalization – eliminating the margin for error and / or customer complaints.
Benefits to your customers:
- Increases customer confidence and gives reassurance to the prospective clients that you follow a recognized specialist standard while under taking their translation requirements.
- Provides assurance that you employ appropriately qualified staff – both interpreters and translators are qualified to undertake the task in a professional and effective manner to the latest industry standards.
- Top-notch quality assurance, with the minimum requirements set for translators, editors, and project managers.
- More confidence in the translation output, since the transition and revision phases are each overseen by different translators.
- Agreed upon expectations that delineate the standard procedures of how the project will be managed.
- Confidentiality assurance as a result of the mandatory data protection requirement.
- Precise translations due to the rigorous guidelines.
- Retrievable files, with all work being fully traceable.
Benefits to your staff:
- On-going staff development- the standard helps to ensure that staff and contractors follow a professional development program, keeping them update with the latest techniques and dialects.
- Heighten morale and motivation as employees have defined processes and procedures that result in a quality and consistent service being provided.
- Proves that they work for an innovative and forward thinking employer.
Click here to download ISO 18587 certification scheme